Grated coconut 21/2 tea spn
Red Onion 2 tea spn
Red Chilli Powder 1 tea spn
Turmeric 1 tea spn
Cumin seeds(Jeera) 1/2 tea spn
Fennel seeds(Jeera) 1/2 tea spn
Asafoetida a pinch
Oil 1/2 tea spn
Coconut, red onion, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cut tomatoes in to medium pieces and put them in the pressure cook for about two whistles.
- Let it cool and then peel off the skins and discard. Mash the boiled tomatoes with the fork.
- Heat oil and add a pinch of Asafoetida .
- Add the grinded masala and fry for sometime.
- Add the tomatoe puree and 2 cups of water, let it boil with the lid half open .
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with white rice.